Christmas Banners for Special Needs Kids BLOG HOP, November 10-12, 2012
"In the eyes of children, we find the joy of Christmas. In their hearts, we find its meaning."
As joyous as Christmas is for most families, for some, their holidays are filled with worry, medical treatments and tests, and pain -- for their child must be hospitalized or she or he needs long-term care rather than being home with their families.
For these kids, Santa doesn't slip down a chimney but rather, often comes in the guise of community volunteers who help make the season bright.
This is the second Christmas season that our own band of dedicated and loving paper crafters have come together to make Holiday banners for children who are too sick to be home for the holidays. Welcome to the Christmas Banners for Special Needs Kids blog hop!
I am especially pleased that this year, not only have our numbers of generous crafters swelled so our Hop is over three full days, but also, that we have partnered with another great cause and recipient of our banners!
By teaming up with Madison Womack's I FEEL THE LOVE PROJECT, the banners our crafters have handmade will be going to the hospitalized children at Children's Hospital Central California!
First, let me show you the banner I made for today's post. I'll be sending this to Madison and the children at CHCC who are benefiting from the I Feel the Love project in December:
I used Kanban toppers and the papers and embelishments were from my craft box. I have a large collection of papers and cards which I use on these projects. This banner is a vertical one, and is put together with metal rings which are coloured in different colous. I hope that this banne brings smiles and joy to the Children in the Hospital in California as I am proud to be giving this banner to brighten their days. (please excuse the bad photography, I have a injured hand and had to take these photos using only one hand, so hence the shaken!!) :)
Now, have I inspired you to make and donate your own banner or a Christmas card or two to the I Feel the Love Project? I hope so! Because if you will, you'll be entered into a drawing to win :
CARDMONKEY's SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS
Super-Fantastic Gift Basket
Throughout the month of December, I'll be adding crafty goodness to this basket so that it will be over-flowing and ripe and ready for under your tree. I'll be picking the winner on Christmas Eve, announcing the winner on Christmas Day, and if you win, you'll have the basket in your hands by New Year's Day!!
Stay tuned to the CardMonkey blog over the next few weeks leading up to the drawing, as I'll be posting the contents of the basket as they mount.
OK, so to win the GRAND PRIZE (all continents are welcome!), here's what you must do:
1. Be a follower of the CardMonkey blog and tell me in your comment how I can contact you.
2. Leave a comment telling me what you plan to make and send to the IFTL project by their deadline, December 10. Then do it! Go to www.ifeeltheloveproject.blogspot.com
NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME?? You can still win great blog candy just by being here and commenting on as many banner makers' blogs over the course of the next three days.
Since we have more than 50 banner makers today, tomorrow and Monday, I'll be picking 5 blogs at random, and then one random comment from that Blog site, for that commenter to win one of five great prizes, which are:
- Susan Bermudez, Independent Consultant for Creative Memories, donating a $20 gift certificate for Creative Memories products from her catalog (http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/susanbermudez/
- Scrappin' Madge: $25 Gift Certificate to The Scrappin Lounge Shoppe (http://madgesscrappinlounge.storenvy.com/
- Fresh Brewed Designs: Two prizes - One prize is a rubber stamp, Item #497 "Cutie Pie Ice Skating" (http://www.freshbreweddesigns.com/item_497/Cutie-Pie-Ice-Skating.htm
- The Paper Temptress (www.papertemptress.com
- The Pinque Peacock (www.pinquepeacock.com
- In addition, Close to My Heart Independent Consultant Lucy Kelleher will award a $20 gift certificate to a randomly-selected hopper who visits her blog (http://love2createitall.comhttps://www.facebook.com/LucyK.CTMH) and posts a comment about the banner blog hop!
P.S. -- Be sure to check out as many blogs as you can, as several will be providing their own blog candy with their own requirements. If I catch them along the way, I'll add them to this list, as a shout out of gratitude, and also so you don't miss out on some sweet candy(canes!)...
Please visit Ellen to start from the begining or if you hit any poblems with viewing blogs.
- Ellen ~ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/
- Tami - http://tamboscreations.blogspot.com/
- Heather D. - http://joemamainks.blogspot.com/
- Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
- Susan B - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
- Jamie M. http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/
- Linda Simpson - http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com/
- Theresa ~ www.thescrapbookingqueen.com
- Vicky - http://www.luvmygypsy.blogspot.com/
- Debbie T- http://debbiescrafttime.blogspot.co.uk/
- Shelly Lyn- http://kccroppers.blogspot.com/
- Shelly - http://kccroppers.blogspot.com/
- Alina - http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Lisa L. - http://lisascreativeniche.blogspot.com/
- Nancie - http://alittlepieceofmebynancie.blogspot.com/
- Dorcas - http://craftycardangel.com/
- Debbie _http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/
- Rexann - http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
Thank you for visiting my blog and this special hop, comments are welcome.
Happy crafting everyone